| Today's Kasumigaseki government
offices district began in 1870, when the Ministry of Foreign Affairs moved
from Ginza to the former Edo residence of the Kuroda family in Kasumigaseki.
In 1895, the Ministry of Justice (now the red-brick building of the Central
Government Building No. 6) was completed, and Kasumigaseki became a today’s
government offices district.
In the more than 100 years since then, buildings such as the
National Diet Building, the Supreme Court, and buildings for government
agencies have been constructed, making the Kasumigaseki district what it