We have formulated the "Tourism Vision Realization Program 2018" (Action Program for Realization of Tourism Vision 2018)!
Last Update : 2018/6/12
The government held eight "Tourism Strategy Promotion Task Force" meetings from September last year to June this year and will proceed rapidly to achieve the goal of 40 million international visitors to Japan in 2020. While listening to the opinions of experts, we have repeatedly considered concrete, high-level measures corresponding to inbound changes such as individual tourism, the accompanying expansion to regional areas, and interest in hands-on tourism.
Based on that consideration, at the 9th meeting of the "Ministerial Conference for the Promotion of Tourism" on June 12, we decided on the "Tourism Vision Realization Program 2018" (Action Program for Realization of Tourism Vision 2018) as follows:
Program 2018 is an action plan for the upcoming year to realize the tourism vision:
· Further publish and open up attractive public facilities and infrastructures
· Enhance multilingual commentary on cultural properties, disseminate their charm by utilizing VR
· Further develop the branding of national parks
· Pioneer new tourism resources such as enhanced night life and the utilization of beaches
· Accelerate immigration procedures by utilizing state-of-the-art technology such as facial recognition
· Realize world-class tourism services such as the development of a free Wi-Fi environment on the Shinkansen
· Promote global campaigns centered on Europe, the US and Australia
· Strengthen training of local DMOs (corporations, etc. who will take the steering role in tourism areas)
We have launched bold policies that are not confined to established concepts.
The Japanese government will implement the measures of the 2018 program at once, and we will work together with public and private entities to realize a "world-class tourist industry," a place the world wants to visit.