Skip to main content
Last Update : 2012/2/21
1. A special logo “Japan. Thank You.” and a special poster to be displayed in various parts of the world.
2. “Thank You” displays at the main international airports and sea ports in Japan.
3. A “Thank You” Origami Crane Campaign held in Marunouchi area of Tokyo, where the JNTO Tourist Information Center (TIC) is located.
4. “Thank You” banner displays in shopping streets and “Thank You” logo displays on buses and taxis and hotel flags in Tokyo, Yokohama, Kyoto, Osaka, Sendai and New York, etc.
5. Special illuminations held at Tokyo Sky Tree, Yokohama Marine Tower, Kyoto Higashiyama Hanatouro 2012, Kobe Port Tower and Beppu Tower, expressing Japan’s feelings of “Thank You” (only on March 11).
6. Free admission to 16 tourist facilities and some public transportation ride in Takayama City, Gifu Prefecture to overseas visitors (only on March 11).
7. A special “Thank You” edition of ZAGAT, a guide for foreign tourists, to be given out.
8. “Thank You” cards to be distributed to the participants of the Tokyo Marathon and other events.
9. “Thank You” videos from various parts of Japan to be posted on Ustream and dispatched to the world.
From late February to late April 2012
Note: The period for various activities differs.