The campaign will be implemented as follows;
From December 21 (Mon), 2015 to January 21 (Thu), 2016
On the day of commencement of the campaign (December 21, 2015), an explanatory meeting for the press (*) will be held in Narita International Airport at 11:00AM.
(*) Principal schedule
- Remark by Vice Commissioner of the Japan Tourism Agency Yuri Furusawa
- Remarks by cooperating companies of this campaign
Junichi Shimagami, Board Member & CTO, Internet Initiative Japan, Inc.
Seiji Nishimura, CEO, XCom Global
- Commemorative photo session (The Japan Tourism Agency and participating companies (About 15 companies)
- Explanation on places where SIM cards and mobile Wi-Fi routers are available in Narita International Airport
The Japan Tourism Agency will promote this campaign as “Japan Mobile Week” with the aim of translating it into the expansion of use of SIM cards and mobile Wi-Fi routers by foreign tourists to Japan.
(Content of promotion)
○ A promotional booth will be established in Narita International Airport (a temporary counter on the international arrival floor in the second terminal)
○ PR activities on the content of services and places where SIM cards and mobile Wi-Fi routers are available
- Launch of a promotional website for this campaign:URL http://www.jnto.go.jp/mobiletips
- The following site will upload information on facilities and places of a wide variety of businesses that cooperate in selling SIM cards and lending mobile Wi-Fi routers such as airport counters, tourist offices, convenience stores and accommodations:URL http://www.jnto.go.jp/mobiletips/place/
- Bloggers will post their experiences of participating in this campaign.
- The posters of this campaign will be placed in places nationwide where SIM cards and mobile Wi-Fi routers are available (about 800 places nationwide).