Take a sip of Japan!Japanese Sake & Shochu campaign begins!
Last Update : 2013/9/19
We will carry out promotion activities simultaneously at our major international airports (i.e. Narita, Haneda, Chubu, and Kansai Airports) to convey the desirability of Japanese Sake & Shochu, with the aim of increasing the number of foreign visitors to Japan.
This is the first time that the Japanese government, airport companies, and liquor industry have launched a joint initiative. The government is aiming to achieve 10 million foreign visitors to Japan this year and sees the next target as 20 million foreign visitors, by continually strengthening measures to realize a tourism nation.
Targeting foreign visitors using our international airports, we will let them enjoy Japanese Sake & Shochu, which is increasingly popular in overseas markets, and disseminate information on breweries they can visit in Japan. This is a six-month project starting in October, showing the charm of Japanese Sake & Shochu and securing more tourists from abroad.
Take a sip of Japan!—Japanese Sake & Shochu campaign outline
1. Campaign period: October 1, 2013 (Tuesday) – March 31, 2014 (Monday)
2. Campaign sites: Duty-free areas at Narita, Haneda, Chubu, and Kansai Airports (see the attached map)
3. Campaign details
- Campaign booths will be set up at duty-free areas of the airports to let visitors from abroad enjoy Japanese Sake & Shochu on the spot and appreciate its charms.
- Various information on Japanese Sake & Shochu (e.g. how it is made and enjoyed in Japan, cultural aspects of Japanese Sake & Shochu, and breweries accepting visitors) will be presented.
4 Hosting organizations: Japanese Sake and Shochu Makers Association, Narita International Airport Corporation, Tokyo International Air Terminal Corporation, Central Japan International Airport Co., Ltd., and New Kansai International Airport Company, Ltd.
5. Supporting organizations: Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT), Japan Tourism Agency (MLIT), and National Tax Agency Japan
For inquiries, please contact the following.
Civil Aviation Bureau（Available in Japanese only）
Capital Area Airports Division: Sato (Ext. 49335) and Yonekawa (Ext. 49323)
Office for Airport Policy in Kinki and Chubu Area: Katayama (Ext. 49636) and Yoshimura (Ext. 49624)
Phone: 03-5253-8111 (agency), Direct: 03-5253-8956, 8613 (division), Fax: 03-5253-1660
Japan Tourism Agency（Available in Japanese only）
Tourism Resources Division: Mizuguchi (Ext. 27802), Kobayashi (Ext. 27822) and Kikuchi (Ext. 27824)
Phone: 03-5253-8111 (agency), Direct: 03-5253-8925 (division), FAX: 03-5253-8930
Narita Airport: Phone: 0476-34-5619 (direct)
Haneda Airport: Phone:03-6428-5951 (direct)
Chubu Airport: Phone: 0569-38-7777 (direct)
Kansai Airport: Phone:072-455-2037 (direct)