○ With the Visit Japan Project marking its 10th anniversary in April, Japan Tourism Agency and JNTO undertake a radical change in its overseas promotions.
○ Taking into consideration the "Three Core Values of Japan Tourism" compiled by 11 Advisory Committee members, including eight foreign members from six countries, we have renewed our PR videos, website and guidebooks to place “the people of Japan" at the forefront.
○ The Primary Video that will be provided in 17 languages, will be based on the theme of "DISCOVER the SPIRIT of JAPAN" and will introduce the "Awa Dance", a festival known as one of the world's best, comparable to the Carnival in Rio. It will represent the pleasant and passionate "Japanese people."
○ The newly created website, www.visitjapan.jp, will have available a total of over 160 videos (Primary Video, Themed Videos, Regional and Tourist Attraction Videos, and more). It aims to aid individual tourists, a category of tourists that we expect to increase, discover a yet "Undiscovered Japan."
○ In principle, all users will be able to freely download the Videos and we aim to have numerous individuals and organizations, besides Japan Tourism Agency, create and distribute Videos on Japan. As the first activity, we have partnered with eYeka of France to hold a contest for Videos on Japan created by foreign creative artists and others.