The Japan Tourism Agency started the Screen Tourism Promotion Project utilizing such video or film works as movies and dramas and the like from this fiscal year, and has held three working group meetings so far.
As part of this project, we wish to inform you that we are accepting applications for works requiring on-site surveys such as scenario hunting and location hunting. We positively welcome applications.
* Screen Tourism refers to viewing and listening to video or film works by people interested in movies, dramas and the like, or visiting areas that are production venues for such works in order to gain more information about them.
1. Term of application: October 25 (Monday), 2010 to November 5 (Friday), 2010.
2. Conditions for assistance (excerpt)
(1) The work should have content contributing to attracting foreign tourists.
(2) Public viewing or showing of the works overseas must be planned.
(3) The domestic scenario hunting and location hunting should be finished by February 11, 2011.
(4) Submission of reports on scenario / location hunting to be made public (contents of consultation with photographing projected areas, impressions of visited areas, photographs taken, etc.) must be made by February 28, 2011.
(5) Scenario / photographing planning documents after the scenario / location hunting should be submitted to the Tourism Agency right after completion (scenario / photographing planning documents will not be made available publicly).
In addition, as for the result of public applications for the first assistance works, it will soon be announced.
* With regard to detailed requirements for applications, we recommend you to certainly read the application notice. Moreover, each document can be read in English in the following site.