|○In October, 2013, the “Japanese Sake & Shochu campaign” was started, as the first joint trial project by the Government, airport companies and the alcohol production industry.
○Efforts will be continued into FY2014.
With the goal of achieving a tourism-oriented country, we carried out PR efforts for “Japanese Sake & Shochu” at four international airports, Narita, Haneda, Chubu and Kansai, introducing the charm of Japanese alcoholic beverages to more than 70 thousand* foreign travelers during the campaign period.
*Total number of foreign visitors to our booths between October 1 last year and March 3 this year (data from organizers)
Last year, the Government achieved a total of 10 million visiting foreign travelers, and has set out to try and increase this to 20 million by 2020. Exposing foreign people to the culture and charm of Japan, through “Japanese Sake & Shochu”in which they have a significant interest, will allow us to continue increasing the number of foreign visitors to the country.
[Take a Sip of Japan! “Japanese Sake & ShochuCampaign” Outline]
1. Period From April 1, 2014 (Tuesday) to March 31, 2015 (Tuesday)
2. Venues Duty-free areas around the Narita, Haneda, Chubu and Kansai international airports (see separate material for more information)
3. Contents PR activities for foreign visitors to sample Japanese sake & Shochu
Introduction to sake production and drinking methods, information on sake storehouses that foreign people can tour, etc.
4. Organizers Japan Sake and Shochu Makers Association, Narita International Airport (Corp.), Tokyo International Air Terminal (Corp.), Chubu International Airport (Co., Ltd.), New Kansai International Airport (Co., Ltd.)
5. Support Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism; Japan Tourism Agency (MLIT); National Tax Agency
*For details of the period, venues and contents please see the website of the respective airport company.