○ On September 1st, the Japan Tourism Agency launched its current global campaign titled "Share your WOW! -Japan Photo Contest-" as a way to convey the charm of Japan using Facebook and Sina Weibo. The number of campaign participants has now exceeded 10,000 with the number of posted photographs exceeding 20,000!
○ The number of Facebook fans of the campaign has exceeded 100,000!
○ As well as expressing its gratitude to the many people who have participated in the campaign, the Japan Tourism Agency looks forward to seeing even more photos that capture the "WOW!" factor at locations all around Japan during the remaining period of the campaign, which closes on February 15th next year.
○ As benefits for participating in the campaign, the Japan Tourism Agency will present 10,000 participants with a 1-week Wi-Fi pass free of charge which can be used on a visit to Japan as well as presenting 20 lucky winners with household electrical goods and traditional Japanese crafts in a monthly draw.
○ Participants who post the best photographs will be invited to an awards ceremony to be held in Japan on March 15th after the campaign ends.
○ Award winners will also be presented with prizes that will enable them to experience something special in Japan.
・ All-you-can-eat sushi at a Michelin restaurant
・ Kamakura tour with Miss Japan, etc.
○ The number of foreign visitors to Japan, which plummeted immediately after the earthquake, has almost recovered, with November being the second month since June this year to record an increase in comparison with the corresponding month prior to the earthquake.
- English, Korean, and Traditional Chinese Site
-Simplified Chinese Site
Sept. 1, 2012 (Sat.) to Feb. 15, 2013 (Fri.)
Award ceremony: March 15, 2013 (Fri.)
Location: Metropolitan Area Outer Underground Discharge Channel (Tentative)