■Title: Meet The New JAPAN 2013 in TOKYO Opening Ceremony
■Date and venue: Part 1: February 1, 2013 (Fri), 13:00 - 13：20, Sky Arena (Tokyo Solamachi, 4F)
Part 2: February 1, 2013 (Fri), 13:45 - 14:15, Industrial Tourism Plaza, Sumida Machi Dokoro (Tokyo Solamachi, 5F)
■Details: Part 1: Opening Ceremony, ribbon cutting, presentation of gifts to foreign tourists , unveiling of the new Tokyo SKYTREE and Asakusa tour for overseas tourists, and photo session
● Mr. Norifumi Idee, commissioner, Japan Tourism Agency ● Mr. Noboru Yamasaki, mayor, Sumida Ward ● Mr. Hiroshi Yoshizumi, mayor, Taito Ward
● Mr. Michiaki Suzuki, president, TOBU TOWER SKYTREE CO.,LTD.
● Meet The New Japan 2013 special supporter (Miss Japan 2013)
● Local mascot characters (Sorakara-chan, Ueno Panda-kun, Taito-kun, Mukoujima Kototoi Ne-san, Oshinari-kun, Azu-chan)
Part 2: Traditional arts and crafts experience for overseas tourists (making kimekomi dolls)
* The “Meet The New JAPAN Campaign 2013” runs for the three months from December 1 to February 28 in the Kansai area (Kansai Mega Sale), and for the two months from February 1 to March 31 in the Tokyo area. With around 10,000 stores, hotels, and restaurants taking part, “Meet The New JAPAN” is one of the largest ever campaigns aimed at overseas visitors to Japan. Foreign visitors can take advantage of special offers and activities simply by presenting their passport.
*The Kansai Mega Sale sees national and Kansai local government bodies, and people from the economic and business world joining forces to expand the scope of the sale over a much wider area than last year’s inaugural event. Simply by showing their passport, foreign tourists can take advantage of discounts and other special offers at participating tourist, commercial facilities, and restaurants.
*Official homepage: http://meet-j.jp (English, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese) *Official Facebook page: Meet The New Japan