2. Overview of "VISIT JAPAN Travel Mart" and "VISIT JAPAN MICE Mart"
(1) Inbound travel business meeting
○ Date: November 24th (Wed) to 26th (Fri), 2014
-15:50-18:00 on 24th (Wed) - 09:30-18:00 on 25th (Thu) - 09:30-15:00 on 26th (Fri)
○ Venue: Tokyo Big Sight (East Hall 6)
○ Invitees (As of September 12th)
358 overseas buyers (28 countries and regions) [340 for VJTM / 18 for VJMM]
* The largest number prior to this was 294 buyers in 2013 (20 countries and regions)
12 overseas media agencies (10 countries and regions)
○ Exhibitors (As of September 12th)
400 domestic sellers (tourism-related companies / organizations)
* Furthermore, 17 companies / organizations will participate as PR sellers (tourism-related companies without prior appointment)
* Refer to the attachment for details.
(2) FAM Trip
○ Schedule (11 courses nationwide) <Refer to the attachment for details>
September 27th (Sat) to 30th (Tue), 2014 (VJMM is held after the business meeting on 26th (Fri))
○ Dissemination of Japanese attractions by a joint effort of the all-Japan system
Participants of the FAM trip are planed to experience farming at farm houses in Ajimu-cho in collaboration with MAFF and Kyo Yuzen (traditional craft) dyeing in collaboration with METI and the Traditional Craft Promotion Association.
(3) Briefing session for overseas media agencies
○ Date: 16:00-17:15 on September 24th (Wed)
○ Venue: Tokyo Big Sight (Media room in East Hall 6)
○ Briefer: JTA Senior Director (Inbound Tourism Branding and Promotion Division)
General director of JNTO, Convention Invitation Manager of JNTO, etc.
* Organizer: JTA and JNTO
* For reporters
- Pre-registration is mandatory for admission to "VISIT JAPAN Travel Mart" and "VISIT JAPAN MICE Mart" business meetings.
- For admission, please fill out the form below.
<Reference> Major related events (Pre-registration is mandatory for admission)
1. "JAPANTRAVELWEEK" joint press conference
○ Date: 18:00-18:40 on September 25th (Thu)
○ Venue: B1F Toyokan of the Tokyo National Museum
○ Speakers: Commissioner of the Japan Tourism Agency, President of Japan National Tourist Organization, Chairman of the Japan Travel and Tourism Association,
Chairman of the Japan Association of Travel Agents, Secretary-General of World Tourism Organization
2. Joint gathering "Japan Night" (jointly held with "JATA Tourism EXPO Japan 2014")
○ Date: 19:30-21:30 on September 25th (Thu)
○ Venue: Garden in front of the Honkan of the Tokyo National Museum
* Refer to the URL below for the overview of the "JATA Tourism EXPO Japan 2014".
(Organizer: Japan Travel and Tourism Association /Japan Association of Travel Agents)