Details of the Nankai Trough Mega Earthquake Operation Plan
To be ready for a national crisis should the Nankai Trough Mega Earthquake occur, we are making every effort to promote various operations.
Four phases and seven key tasks
- ・Disseminate timely information, and fully support evacuation from mega tsunami’s landfall in short timeframe.
- ・Take all necessary means to ensure the safety of passengers of trains, planes, and other transports accessed by hundreds of thousands of people per day.
- ・In response to catastrophic/wide-area damages, collect and share info about the affected areas promptly and accurately, and contribute to emergency activities and evacuation.
- “Search and rescue”
- ・Implement all possible efforts to achieve total debris clearance to secure transport routes and begin rescue activities in the countless affected areas.
- ・Enhance disaster response capabilities, such as TEC-FORCE, so that all possible efforts could be made to prevent further damages.
- “Aid delivery”
- ・Provide full support to tens of millions of affected people/evacuees and affected local governments, in collaboration with the private sector.
- “Facility recovery and reconstruction”
- ・Prevent prolongation of disaster’s consequences, including through prior preparations. Seek to achieve early recovery to contribute to reconstructing people’s lives and the economy as quickly as possible.（1）
- ・Prevent prolongation of disaster’s consequences, including through prior preparations. Seek to achieve early recovery to contribute to reconstructing people’s lives and the economy as quickly as possible.（2）
Details of the Tokyo Inland Earthquake Operation Plan
With the hosting of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games as one of the targets, we are making every effort to promote various operations.
Three missions and seven key tasks
- Mission I: Protect people’s lives in Tokyo metropolitan area
- ・Protect the lives of many people living in Tokyo metropolitan area from earthquake and tsunami through timely dissemination of information.
- ・Ensure safety in crowded city space.
- ・Help keep the vast number of affected people and evacuees safe and secure.
- Mission II: Sustain capital central role
- ・Prepare for post-earthquake secondary and compound disasters.
- ・Prevent paralysis of Japan’s capital central role.
- Mission III: Restore and reconstruct Tokyo metropolitan area
- ・Improve disaster response capabilities, including TEC-FORCE, and utilize all possible means to swiftly recover capital central role.
- ・Aim to restore and reconstruct Tokyo metropolitan area from a long-term perspective, in a manner suited to the times.
Details of the Tokyo Inland Earthquake Operation Roadmap for Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games
We are committed to supporting the successful holding of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
One critical mission and five key tasks
- Critical mission: Support hosting of Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- ・Ensure safety of many residents and visitors, including foreign nationals.
- ・Minimize damage of Olympic/Paralympic facilities and restore them quickly.
- ・Make collective efforts to promptly secure means of transport.
- ・Ensure safety and security of evacuees.
- ・Communicate appropriate information domestically and internationally in advance.