Title Hirosaka Annex Building

  • Ishikawa
Topic(s):
Regional Specialties
Medium/Media of Use:
Web Page Pamphlet
Text Length:
251-500
FY Prepared:
2022
Associated Tourism Board:
Ishikawa Crafts and Cultural Heritage Digital Contents Promotion Council

石川県立美術館広坂別館(旧陸軍第九師団長官舎)


 石川県立美術館広坂別館は、1922年に陸軍第九師団の師団長官舎として建てられました。大正時代(1912~1926)の特徴的な軍官舎例として保存され、2016年に有形文化財に登録されました。全国に現存する軍官舎は6棟のみで、本別館はそのうちの1棟です。


歴史的背景

 大正時代の建築物は、西洋の影響と様々な様式が混在しているのが特徴です。200年以上にわたって鎖国を敷いていた日本は1854年、軍事力ではるかに優るアメリカ艦隊の来航により、強制的に開国させられます。欧米諸国との圧倒的な国力の差に気づかされた日本は、急速に近代化の道を歩み始めます。当時の日本の指導者たちは、建築を含めて西洋文化を取り入れることが、その差を縮める早道だと考えました。そのため、欧米の建築家たちが招聘されることもありましたが、国内の建築家たちも独自に西洋の建築物の外観などを模倣しながら日本の伝統的な要素と融合させるなど、建築に工夫を凝らしました。


主な特徴

 現在の正面玄関は、馬車で到着した訪問者が下車したであろう三角破風の車寄せの奥にあります。ですが、師団長と家族は、当初は右側にあった第二玄関から出入りしていたと考えられています。現在、その玄関があった場所は小さな切妻屋根が残り、下部は灰色がかった石壁となっています。正面の屋根は北ヨーロッパでよく見られるハーフティンバー様式で、木の骨組みのピンク色がアクセントになっています。側面はモルタル掻き落としのドイツ壁で、重厚な仕上がりになっています。さらに特筆すべき点は、半切妻とドーマー状の換気塔を持つヨーロッパ風の屋根です。正面とは対照的に、背面は白木の下見板張りとなっています。これは日本が連合国軍占領下にあった1945年、建物を接収した米軍が、家庭的な雰囲気を醸し出そうとして、後から加えたものと思われます。内部には、見事な装飾が施されたマントルピース付きの暖炉が2つに、珍しいガラス製の照明器具など、文化財的な価値のある当時のものがいくつか残っています。また、部屋ごとに異なる天井の木工装飾も当時のままで、隠れた見どころになっています。


 現存する設計図から、当初は広い住宅部も併設されていたことがわかります。師団長は洋館(現存する館の半分)で仕事や接待を行い、家族は畳敷きの和館で生活していました。和館は1962年に取り壊されましたが、2008年と2016年に一部が改修され、和室一部屋が復元されています。


現在の用途

 第二次世界大戦後、当館は米軍将校の官舎、金沢家庭裁判所、石川県児童会館、野鳥園、隣接する兼六園の休憩館など、様々な用途で使われてきましたが、現在は石川県立美術館の文化財保存修復工房として利用されています。この工房は、美術館の所蔵品の修復や維持だけでなく、次世代の技術者を育成する専門的なトレーニングも担っています。タッチパネル式のディスプレイで修復の工程を学ぶことができ、見学コーナーでは実際の修復作業を見ることができます。

廣坂別館


石川縣立美術館的廣坂別館建於西元1922年,原為舊日本帝國陸軍第九師團的師團長官邸。西元2016年,該建築作為大正時代(西元1912–1926)軍邸的典型代表,入選無形文化財。這是日本僅存的六座同類建築之一。

歷史背景

西方帶來的影響,以及廣泛採用各類風格並加以組合,成為大正時代建築典型的特徵。在西元1854年時,因為遭到一支軍事實力更甚於日本的美國海軍分艦隊來到,閉關鎖國兩個多世紀的日本被迫開放邊境貿易。自此日本意識到與西方國家的實力差距,於是展開一系列加快現代化的措施。當時許多日本統治者都認為最快縮小差距的途徑,就是吸收西方文化元素,包括學習西方的建築等。有時人們會邀請外國建築師來設計,有時則完全由日本國內的建築師去模仿西方建築的樣式,且通常會融入日本傳統建築元素。


主要特徵

目前的正門位於尖頂馬車門廊的下方,方便乘坐馬車的訪客在此下車。不過也有觀點認為,師團長及其家人很可能透過當時位於正門右側的第二道門出入。現在這個位置是稍微呈灰白色的石雕,上方覆蓋著小型的山牆屋頂。在建築的上層,屬於北歐建築常見特色的半木造結構裝飾,漆成了粉紅色並鑲嵌在厚厚的砂漿中。這種保留砂漿粗糙紋理的風格稱為「德國壁」。另一個值得注意的特點是歐式主屋頂的切角頂與老虎窗。至於建築背面覆蓋著白色的木造壁板,則與正面形成鮮明對比。有觀點認為,這是在西元1945年盟軍佔領期間,美軍接管該建築後改造,目的是增添在家般的溫馨感。室內保留了部分原有陳設,包括裝飾仿壁爐的兩個壁爐架,以及一些當時留下,但現存無幾的玻璃燈具。此外,每個房間在天花板上各有不同的木造裝飾,這些裝飾也保留至今。


現存的平面圖顯示,建築原有的結構還包括一大片居住區域,目前建築保留下來的部分為西式房間,作為師團長工作與會客的場所,他和家人居住的場所則是日式榻榻米房間,但這部分在西元1962年遭到拆除。西元2008和2016年,部分建築進行重建工作,並恢復了其中一間榻榻米房間。


目前的用途

二戰後,廣坂別館曾先後作為美軍將校的官邸、金澤家庭法院的辦公室、石川縣兒童會館、野鳥園,以及附近兼六園的休息館等使用。如今這座建築是美術館保護和修復文化財的工作室,除了負責修復和維護博物館的收藏品外,還為下一代文物技術專家提供專門訓練。參觀者可以透過互動式觸控螢幕,了解各種修復過程,甚至能在展示區觀看正在進行的修復工作。

广坂别馆


石川县立美术馆的广坂别馆建于1922年,原为旧日本帝国陆军第九师团的师团长官邸。2016年,该建筑作为大正时期 (1912–1926) 军邸的典型代表,入选物质文化财产。这是日本仅存的六座同类建筑之一。


历史背景

西方的影响和兼收并蓄的风格组合是大正时期建筑的典型特征。1854年,一支船坚炮利的美国海军分舰队来到日本,迫使闭关锁国两个多世纪的日本开放边境进行贸易。日本由此意识到自身与西方国家的实力差距,展开了一系列加快现代化的举措。当时,许多日本领导人认为最快缩小差距的途径是吸收西方文化元素,包括学习西方的建筑。有的建筑会邀请外国建筑师来设计,有的则完全由日本国内的建筑师模仿西方建筑的样式设计,且通常会融入日本传统建筑元素。


关键特征

目前建筑的正门位于尖顶马车门廊下方,方便乘马车的访客在此下车。不过也有观点认为,师团长及家人很可能是通过当时存在于正门右侧的第二道门出入。现在在此处的是颜色较深的石雕,上方覆盖小型的山墙屋顶。在建筑的上层,北欧建筑常见的特色半木结构被漆成粉红色,并镶嵌在厚厚的砂浆中。这种保留砂浆粗糙纹理的风格被称为“德国壁”。另一点值得注意的是附有跌檐式山墙和老虎窗的欧式主屋顶。建筑背面覆盖着白色的木质壁板,与正面形成鲜明对比。有观点认为,这是1945年盟军占领期间美国军队接管该建筑后,为了让其显得更温馨而改造。室内保留了部分原有的陈设,包括装饰假壁炉的两个壁炉架,以及一些现存无几的古老玻璃灯具。此外,天花板上的木质装饰也得以保存,每个房间的装饰都各不相同。


现存的平面图显示,建筑原有的结构还包括一大片居住区。目前保留下来的一半的建筑为西式风格房间,是师团长工作、会客的场所;他和家人则居住在日式的榻榻米房间,但这部分建筑在1962年被拆除。2008和2016年,有关方面对部分建筑进行了重建,恢复了其中一个榻榻米房间。


当前用途

二战后,广坂别馆曾先后用作美军将校的官邸、金泽家庭法院的办公室、石川县儿童会馆、野鸟园以及旁边兼六园的休息馆等。现在,这座建筑是美术馆的文化财产保护和修复工作室。这里除了负责修复和维护博物馆的藏品,还为下一代文物技术专家提供专门培训。参观者可以通过交互式触摸屏了解各种修复过程,甚至可以在展示区参观正在进行的修复工作。

이시카와현립미술관 히로사카 별관(구 육군 제9사단장 관사)


 이시카와현립미술관 히로사카 별관은 1922년에 육군 제9사단 사단장의 관사로 건축되었습니다. 이 건물은 다이쇼 시대(1912~1926)의 특징적인 군 관사 사례로 보존되었으며, 2016년에 유형문화재로 등록되었습니다. 전국에 현존하는 군 관사는 단 6채뿐이며, 이 별관은 그 중 하나입니다.


역사적 배경

 다이쇼 시대의 건축물은 서양의 영향과 다양한 양식이 혼재되어 있다는 점이 특징입니다. 200년 이상 쇄국정책을 펼쳤던 일본은 1854년에 군사력에서 훨씬 뛰어난 미국 함대의 내항으로 인해 강제로 개국하게 되었습니다. 유럽과 미국 등 서양 국가들과의 압도적인 국력 차이를 깨달은 일본은 빠르게 근대화의 길을 걷기 시작했습니다. 당시 일본의 지도자들은 건축을 포함한 서양문화를 수용하는 것이 이러한 격차를 줄이는 가장 빠른 방법이라고 판단했습니다. 이에 따라 유럽과 미국의 건축가들이 초청되기도 했지만, 일본의 건축가들 또한 독자적으로 서양건축물의 외관 등을 모방하면서 일본의 전통적인 요소를 융합하는 등 다양한 창의적인 시도를 통해 건축을 발전시켰습니다.


주요 특징

 현재의 정문 현관은 마차를 타고 도착한 방문객이 내렸을 것으로 추정되는 삼각 박공지붕의 차양 안쪽에 위치해 있습니다. 하지만 당시 사단장과 가족들은 오른쪽에 있었던 제2현관으로 출입했을 것으로 추정됩니다. 현재 이 현관이 있던 자리에는 작은 맞배지붕이 남아 있으며, 하단부는 회색빛 돌벽으로 되어 있습니다. 정면 지붕은 북유럽에서 흔히 볼 수 있는 하프팀버 양식으로, 목재 골조의 핑크색이 포인트로 들어가 있습니다. 측면은 모르타르 긁기 마감으로 처리된 독일식 벽으로 중후한 느낌을 줍니다. 특히 주목할 점은 반박공과 도머형 환기탑이 있는 유럽풍 지붕입니다. 정면과는 대조적으로 뒷면은 백색 목재 외벽으로 마감되어 있습니다. 이는 일본이 연합군 점령 하에 있었던 1945년 당시, 이 건물을 접수한 미군이 가족적인 분위기를 조성하기 위해 후에 추가한 것으로 보입니다. 실내에는 정교한 장식이 돋보이는 맨틀피스가 있는 벽난로 2개와 희귀한 유리로 만든 조명기구 등 문화재적 가치를 지닌 당시의 물품들이 여러 점 남아 있습니다. 또, 각 방마다 다른 천장의 목재장식도 당시 그대로 보존되어 있어 숨은 볼거리가 되고 있습니다.


 현존하는 설계도를 통해 초기에는 넓은 주거공간도 함께 조성되어 있었음을 알 수 있습니다. 사단장은 서양관(현재 남아있는 건물의 절반)에서 업무와 접대를 했으며, 가족들은 다다미가 깔린 일본식 건물에서 생활했습니다. 일본식 건물은 1962년에 철거되었으나, 2008년과 2016년에 일부가 개조되어 일본식 방 한 칸이 복원되었습니다.


현재 용도

 제2차 세계대전 이후, 이 건물은 미군장교 관사, 가나자와 가정재판소, 이시카와현 아동회관, 야조원, 인근 겐로쿠엔의 휴게소 등 다양한 용도로 사용되어 왔으나, 현재는 이시카와현립미술관의 문화재 보존 및 복원 공방으로 활용되고 있습니다. 이 공방은 미술관 소장품의 복원과 유지뿐만 아니라 차세대 기술자 양성을 위한 전문적인 트레이닝도 담당하고 있습니다. 터치패널식 디스플레이를 통해 복원과정을 배울 수 있으며, 견학코너에서는 실제 복원작업이 이루어지는 모습을 직접 볼 수 있습니다.

Hirosaka Annex Building


The Hirosaka Annex of the Ishikawa Prefectural Museum of Art was built in 1922 as the official residence of the commander of the Ninth Division of the Japanese Imperial Army. It was registered a Tangible Cultural Property in 2016 as a characteristic example of a Taisho-era (1912–1926) military residence. It is one of only six left in the country.


Historical Context

Western influence and an eclectic mix of styles are defining traits of Taisho-era buildings. After more than two centuries of isolation, Japan’s borders were forcibly opened to trade in 1854 following the arrival of a United States Navy squadron possessing far superior firepower. Newly aware of a power imbalance with Western countries, Japan kicked off a period of rapid modernization. At the time, many Japanese leaders felt the fastest route to closing the gap was adopting elements of Western culture—including architecture. Foreign architects were sometimes invited to design buildings. In other cases, domestic architects worked independently to replicate the appearance of Western buildings, often blending traditional Japanese elements into their designs.


Key Features

The current front entrance is beneath a peak-roofed carriage porch where visitors arriving by coach would have disembarked. However, it is thought that the commander and his family would have entered through a second doorway that once existed to the right, where today a small gable covers an area of slightly grayer stonework. On the building’s upper floor, half-timber accents—a common architectural feature in northern Europe—are painted pink and set into thick mortar applied in a rough-textured style called doitsu kabe, or “German walls.” Another point to note is the European-style main roof, with its clipped gable and dormer-style vent. In contrast to the front of the building, the rear is covered in white wooden siding. This is thought to be a later addition by American military forces who took over the building in 1945 during the Allied Occupation; they felt the change would give the building a homier feel. Some original interior elements remain, including two mantelpieces adorning faux fireplaces, and some rare surviving examples of period glass lighting fixtures. The ornamental woodwork of the ceilings—a different design in every room—also survives.


Surviving plans tell us the original structure also included a large residential area. The commander worked and entertained guests in the building’s Western-style rooms (the half of the house that survives), but he and his family lived in Japanese-style tatami rooms that were torn down in 1962. In 2008 and 2016, parts of the building were renovated and a tatami room was restored.


Current Use

After World War II, the structure was used at various points as housing for American military officers, offices for the Kanazawa Family Court, a prefectural children’s center, a bird sanctuary, and a rest facility for neighboring Kenrokuen Garden. Now, however, the building houses the art museum’s Conservation and Restoration Studio of Cultural Properties. The Studio is responsible not only for restoring and maintaining the museum’s collection, but also for providing specialized training for the next generation of technical experts. Visitors can learn about various restoration processes at an interactive touchscreen station and even see restoration work in progress in the observation area.

Search