Title Warehouses in the Kitahama Area

  • Hokkaido
Topic(s):
Historic Sites/Castle Ruins
Medium/Media of Use:
App, QR code, etc. Pamphlet
Text Length:
≤250 Words
FY Prepared:
2023
Associated Tourism Board:
otarushi nihon isan suishin kyogikai

旧北浜地区倉庫群


 1882年に内陸の鉱山から港に石炭を運ぶ北海道初の鉄道が開通すると、小樽の急速な経済成長と人口増加が進みました。増える港の利用需要に合わせて海岸の埋め立てが行われ、新たな土地が造られました。1889年に埋め立て地に作られた北浜地区は、港と鉄道へのアクセスが良いため、ここに多くの倉庫が建てられました。


 小樽運河の北端に近い北浜地区には、海運会社によって建てられた6つの石造倉庫が現在も残っています。手宮鉄道施設近くの3つの倉庫は福井県と石川県出身の一族により建てられたもので、1889年建造の広海倉庫と、1894年建造の右近倉庫、1903年建造の増田倉庫です。


 他の3つの倉庫は中央通りに近い小樽運河沿いにあります。1890年建造の小樽倉庫と、1891年建造の大家倉庫、1895年建造の渋澤倉庫です。これらの3つの倉庫は小樽運河に面しており、ここにバージ船が停泊して船から港への荷下ろしをしていました。倉庫にはそれぞれ特徴があります。例えば渋澤倉庫の扉の上部には二重のアーチ型をした石の装飾が施されていたり、小樽倉庫群の越屋根の棟には建物の守り神とされる想像上の海の生物が掲げられたりしています。

舊北濱地區倉庫群


1882年,北海道開通了第一條鐵路,將島內礦山開採的煤炭運往小樽港。從此以後,這座城市的經濟和人口飛速成長。人們也開始沿著海岸線填海造地,以滿足不斷擴大的港口物流需求。1890年前後,北濱地區在一片填海土地上誕生了。由於該地區和海岸以及火車站之間的交通都相當方便,因此有大量倉庫設在這裡。

小樽運河北端附近的北濱地區,現在還保存著6座由當年船東修建的石造倉庫。其中,靠近舊手宮鐵道設施的3座由來自福井縣和石川縣的三個家族建造,分別是1889年修建的舊廣海倉庫、1894年修建的舊右近倉庫以及1903年修建的舊增田倉庫。

另外3座倉庫建築靠近運河中段的「中央通」街道,分別是1890年建造的舊小樽倉庫、1891年建造的舊大家倉庫以及1895年建造的舊澀澤倉庫。3座倉庫皆面朝小樽運河,當時河上停靠著駁船,隨時準備從港口的大船上卸貨。每座倉庫特色都相當鮮明,例如舊澀澤倉庫大門上方有雙拱形石砌裝飾、舊小樽倉庫屋頂上有神話中守護海洋生物的脊獸雕塑。

旧北浜地区仓库群


1882年,为将岛内矿山开采的煤炭运往小樽港,北海道开通了第一条铁路。自此,这座城市的经济和人口进入了飞速增长时期。同时,人们开始沿着海岸线填海造地,以满足港口扩建需求。1890年前后,在一片填海营造的土地上,北浜地区诞生了。由于它与海岸以及火车站之间的交通都很便捷,许多仓库都建在了这里。

在位于小樽运河北端附近的北浜地区,现存6座由当年船主修建的石构仓库。其中,靠近旧手宫铁道设施的3座仓库由来自福井县和石川县的三个家族建造,分别是1889年修建的旧广海仓库,1894年修建的旧右近仓库,以及1903年修建的旧增田仓库。

另外3座仓库靠近运河中段的“中央通”街道,分别是1890年建造的旧小樽仓库、1891年建造的旧大家仓库,以及1895年建造的旧涩泽仓库。3座仓库皆面朝小樽运河,当时河上停靠着驳船,随时准备从港口的大船上卸货。每座仓库都有各自鲜明的特征,比如旧涩泽仓库大门上方装饰着双重拱形艺术石雕;旧小樽仓库建筑群的屋顶上摆放着神话中守护海洋生物的脊兽雕塑。

구 기타하마 지구 창고군


 1882년에 내륙의 광산에서 항구로 석탄을 운반하는 홋카이도 최초의 철도가 개통되면서 오타루의 급속한 경제 성장과 인구 증가가 이루어졌습니다. 증가하는 항구 이용 수요에 맞춰 해안 매립이 이루어져 새로운 땅이 만들어졌습니다. 1889년에 매립지에 만들어진 기타하마 지구는 항구와 철도에 대한 접근성이 좋았기 때문에 이곳에 많은 창고가 지어졌습니다.


 오타루 운하의 북쪽 끝에 가까운 기타하마 지구에는 해운 회사들이 지은 석조 창고 6채가 현재도 남아 있습니다. 데미야 철도 시설 근처에 있는 3개 창고는 후쿠이현과 이시카와현 출신의 일족에 의해 지어진 것으로 1889년에 지어진 히로우미 창고와 1894년에 지어진 우콘 창고, 1903년에 지어진 마스다 창고입니다.


 다른 3개의 창고는 중앙 거리에 가까운 오타루 운하를 따라 있습니다. 1890년에 지어진 오타루 창고와 1891년에 지어진 오이에 창고, 1895년에 지어진 시부사와 창고입니다. 이 3개 창고는 오타루 운하에 접해 있으며, 이곳에 바지선이 정박하여 선박에서 항구로 화물을 하역했습니다. 창고에는 각각 특징이 있습니다. 예를 들어 시부사와 창고의 문 상부에는 이중 아치형 석재 장식이 있으며, 오타루 창고군의 솟을지붕 용마루에는 건물의 수호신으로 여겨지는 상상 속의 바다 생물이 장식되어 있습니다.

Warehouses in the Kitahama Area


After Hokkaido’s first railway opened in 1882 to carry coal from inland mines to Otaru’s ports, the city’s economy and population grew rapidly. Land reclamation efforts created additional areas along the coast to accommodate the needs of the expanding port. The Kitahama district was established on reclaimed land in 1889. Many warehouses were built in Kitahama, which had convenient access to the waterfront and railroads.


Six stone warehouses built by merchant shipowners remain in Kitahama near the north end of Otaru Canal. Three warehouses were built near the Temiya Railway Facility by families from Fukui and Ishikawa Prefectures. These are the Hiroumi Warehouse, built in 1889; the Ukon Warehouse, built in 1894; and the Masuda Warehouse, built in 1903. 


The other three warehouses are close to Chuo Street, about halfway along the canal. They are the Otaru Warehouse, built in 1890; the Oie Warehouse built in 1891; and the Shibusawa Warehouse, built in 1895. The warehouses face the canal, where barges moored to unload merchandise from ships in the harbor. Each warehouse has distinctive features, from the decorative double-arched stonework over the doors of the Shibusawa Warehouse to the protective figures of mythical sea creatures on the roof ridges of the Otaru Warehouse buildings.

Search