Title Shōdenin Shoin

  • Aichi
Topic(s):
Historic Sites/Castle Ruins
Medium/Media of Use:
App, QR code, etc. Web Page Pamphlet
Text Length:
251-500
FY Prepared:
2022
Associated Tourism Board:
Nagoya Railroad Co.,Ltd.

「重要文化財 旧正伝院書院」


正伝院書院


 正伝院書院は、如庵と同じく1618年に建仁寺にある有楽邸の一部として建てられました。しかし、正伝院書院が指し示すのは、元々正伝院と呼ばれた全体の一部に過ぎません。正伝院は、大きな建仁寺の境内にある塔頭寺院で、有楽の私室や庭園、茶室、さらには仏殿まで備えていました。正伝院の書院は、有楽が客人をもてなしたり、読書を楽しんだり、くつろぐための空間でした。

 1908年、正伝院の各部分が、さまざまな買い手によって購入され、書院は三井高棟によって買収され、如庵と共に所有されることになりました。これらの建物は有楽苑の創設の一環として犬山(愛知県犬山市)に移築され、有楽の頃の姿に復元されました。建物の配置も、元々の有楽邸に忠実に再現しています。


復元工事

 1971年に再建する際、建築家の堀口捨己は1799年に描かれた有楽邸の絵図を参考に、書院の外観を当時の姿に復元しました。堀口は、書院と茶室をつないでいた、三井家が追加した屋根付き通路を撤去し、書院の南縁側に元々存在した低い手すりを再現しました。堀口はまた、南側に配置する異様に長い長方形の石段を注文しました。名鉄が書院を取得した当時、屋根は軽量で波を打ったような形の瓦を積む桟瓦葺(瓦屋根)でしたが、昔の図面では平板の木が描かれていました。そこで堀口は、形状が似ていて耐久性のある銅板葺きを選択しました。


建築の特徴

 正伝院書院の正面入口は北側にあり、古くから気品や格調を表す緩やかなカーブを描いた庇(唐破風、中央は弓形で両端が曲線状になった建築様式)の下にあります。 書院にはこの瓦葺きの入口のほかに、6つの部屋と建物の西側に水屋と呼ばれる台所のような空間があります。有楽の時代には、この部屋は実際には水屋ではなく、書院と正伝院の仏殿をつなぐ廊下の一部だったと思われます。

 入口から内壁を見ると、目を引く白いラインがあります。これらの淡い色の部分は、建物の梁や支柱の位置を示しています。時間の経過と共に(壁の泥漆喰にもともと含まれている)マンガンが、表面に溶け出し、酸化することで最表層が茶色味を帯びた黒に変色します。ただし、壁の内側に木枠がある部分では、この影響は軽減されます。


襖絵

 書院の部屋は、襖というスライド式の大きな装飾パネルによって区切られています。襖は屏風と同様に、複数の板にまたがる風景画が多く、書院の襖は有楽の時代の一流画家たちが装飾しました。中央の部屋の襖には、長谷川派の創始者である長谷川等伯(1539-1610)によって描かれたものもありました。8枚のパネルには、中国古代の絵画のテーマでよく用いられる蓮、蘭、菊、梅の4つの花が描かれています。長谷川特有のスタイルで描かれた樹木や岩、人物などが特徴的な襖絵は、彼の中年期に描かれたと考えられています。(正伝院が創建される前に描かれていたと予想されるため、有楽のかつての住居から持ち込まれた可能性が高いです。)

 書院の他の襖には、日本画史上最も有名な狩野派の画家たちによる水墨山水画が描かれています。これらの襖絵は非常に古く壊れやすいため、現在はそのほとんどが保全のため書院から持ち出されています。長谷川が描いた2枚の菊の襖絵は有楽苑の所有物ではなく、個人コレクターが所有しているものと考えられます。

舊正傳院書院


舊正傳院書院與如庵同建於1618年。它位於織田有樂(1547-1621)在建仁寺的居所內,原本屬於正傳院的一部分,現被指定為國家重要文化財產。正傳院是建仁寺內的「塔頭」(附屬寺院),除了織田有樂的私室、庭園和茶室等建築外,還修有佛堂。書院則是織田有樂待客、讀書與休閒之所。

1908年,正傳院各棟建築被分別售於不同的買家,三井高棟(1857-1948)同時買下了如庵及正傳院書院。修建有樂苑時,兩棟建築被一起搬遷至犬山。為了再現織田有樂宅邸最初的格局,依照建築物本來面貌,及相關位置進行復原。


修復

1971年修復時,建築師堀口舍己(1895-1984)以一幅繪製於1799年的織田有樂居所的畫作為參考依據,恢復了書院的原貌。他拆除了三井家在書院和茶室間加建的廊道,並復原了書院南緣側(簷廊)的矮扶欄,還在南側設計了一條特別長的石階。名古屋鐵道株式會社在購得書院時,屋頂上是被鋪成波浪狀的陶瓦,但畫中畫的是木片瓦。最後,堀口舍己經過專業考量採用了形狀相近但更耐久的銅瓦。


建築特點

正傳院書院的正門玄關位於北側,上方建造了曲線柔和的「唐破風」屋頂,是象徵文雅與尊貴的傳統樣式。書院入口鋪著石板,內有6個房間,西側還有一間相當於廚房的「水屋」。不過在織田有樂時代,此處很可能是連接書院與正傳院佛堂走廊的一部分。

從玄關往裡看,內牆上顯眼的白色線條可以判斷出建築樑柱的位置。隨著時間的推移,抹牆石膏中所含的錳會溶入牆體表面,進而氧化,令牆表變成茶褐色。但牆內如有木框架,氧化程度就較小,顏色也就較淺。


襖繪

「襖」是分隔正傳院書院房間的大型裝飾性拉門。和折疊屏風一樣,襖上通常也繪有跨越多塊門板的連續風景畫。為書院作襖繪的均為織田有樂時代最優秀的畫家。過去在居中房間的拉門上的畫出自著名的長谷川派創始人長谷川等伯(1539-1610)之手,8塊門板上繪有中國畫中的傳統題材——荷、蘭、菊、梅4種花卉。畫中,樹、石、人物都具有長谷川等伯的鮮明風格,應該是其中年時期的作品。襖繪的繪製年代早於正傳院的落成,因此很可能來自織田有樂之前的居所。

書院中另有一幅由幾位狩野派畫家共同繪製的水墨山水。狩野派在中國水墨畫的基礎上融入了日本傳統的大和繪要素,應該是日本繪畫史上最負盛名的畫派。由於年代久遠,畫作脆弱易損,書院中的大部分襖繪都被移出妥善保存。長谷川等伯的兩幅菊圖非有樂苑所有,現可能為私人收藏。


旧正传院书院


与如庵一样,旧正传院书院也建于1618年。它位于织田有乐(1547-1621)在建仁寺的居所内,原本属于正传院的一部分,现被指定为国家重要文化财产。正传院是建仁寺内的“塔头”(附属寺院),除了织田有乐的私室、庭园和茶室等建筑外,还修有佛堂。书院则是他待客、读书与休闲之所。

1908年,正传院各栋建筑被分别售于不同的买家,购得如庵的三井高栋(1857-1948)同时还买下了正传院书院。修建有乐苑时,两栋建筑被一起迁至犬山,不仅是建筑本身,包括建筑布局,都忠实地复原了最初的风貌。


修复

1971年修复时,建筑师堀口舍己(1895-1984)以一幅绘制于1799年的织田有乐居所的画作为参考依据,恢复了书院原貌。他拆除了三井家族在书院和茶室间加建的廊道,并复原了书院南缘侧(檐廊)的矮扶栏,还在南侧设计了一条特别长的石阶。名古屋铁道株式会社在购得书院时,屋顶上是被铺成波浪状的陶瓦,但古画中是木片瓦。最终,堀口舍己采用了形状相近但更耐久的铜瓦。


建筑特点

正传院书院的正门玄关位于北侧,上方建造了曲线柔和的“唐破风”屋顶,在传统上象征着文雅与尊贵。书院入口铺着石板,内有6个房间,西侧还有一间相当于厨房的“水屋”。不过在织田有乐时代,此处很可能是连接书院与正传院佛堂的走廊的一部分。

从玄关往里看,内墙上的白色线条很是显眼,颜色较浅的部分就是房屋梁柱的位置。随着时间的推移,抹墙石膏中所含的锰会溶入墙体表面,进而氧化,令墙表变成茶褐色,但墙内如有木框架,氧化程度就较小,颜色也就较浅。


“襖”是分隔正传院书院房间的大型装饰性拉门。和折叠屏风一样,襖上通常也绘有跨越多块门板的连续风景画。为书院作襖绘的都是织田有乐时代最优秀的画家。以前居中房间拉门上的画就出自著名的长谷川派创始人长谷川等伯(1539-1610)之手,8块门板上绘有中国画中的传统题材——荷、兰、菊、梅4种花卉。画中,树、石、人物都具有长谷川等伯的鲜明风格,应该是他中年时期的作品。襖绘的绘制年代早于正传院的落成,因此很可能来自织田有乐之前的居所。

书院中另有一幅由几位狩野派画家共同绘制的水墨山水。狩野派在中国水墨画的基础上融入了日本传统的大和绘要素,可谓日本绘画史上最负盛名的画派。由于年代久远,画作脆弱易损,书院中的大部分襖绘都被移出妥善保存。长谷川等伯的两幅菊图非有乐苑所有,很可能被私人收藏。


‘중요문화재 옛 쇼덴인쇼인(正伝院書院)’


쇼덴인쇼인


 쇼덴인쇼인은 조안과 마찬가지로 1618년에 겐닌지 절에 있는 우라쿠의 저택 일부로 지어졌습니다. 그러나 쇼덴인쇼인이 보여주는 것은 원래 쇼덴인(正伝院, 정전원)이라 불리던 전체의 일부에 불과합니다. 쇼덴인은 큰 겐닌지 절 경내에 있는 탑두사원으로 우라쿠의 개인실과 정원, 다실, 심지어는 불전까지 갖추어져 있었습니다. 쇼덴인의 쇼인은 우라쿠가 손님을 대접하거나, 독서를 즐기거나 휴식을 취하기 위한 공간이었습니다.

 1908년 쇼덴인의 각 부분이 다양한 매입자들에게 매도되었는데, 이때 쇼인은 미쓰이 다카미네가 매입하여 조안과 함께 소유하게 되었습니다. 이 건물들은 우라쿠엔 창설의 일환으로 이누야마(아이치현 이누야마시)로 이축되었고, 우라쿠가 있던 무렵의 모습으로 복원되었습니다. 건물 배치도 원래의 우라쿠 저택과 비슷하게 재현되었습니다.


복원공사

 1971년에 재건될 때 건축가 호리구치 스테미(堀口捨己)는 1799년에 그려진 우라쿠 저택의 그림을 참고하여 쇼인의 외관을 당시의 모습으로 복원했습니다. 호리구치는 미쓰이 가문이 추가한 쇼인과 다실을 연결하는 지붕 딸린 통로를 철거하고, 쇼인의 남쪽 가장자리에 원래 존재했던 낮은 난간을 재현했습니다. 호리구치는 또 남쪽에 배치할 아주 긴 직사각형 돌계단을 주문했습니다. 메이테쓰가 쇼인을 취득할 당시 지붕은 경량의 파도모양 기와를 쌓은 산카와라부키(기와지붕)였지만, 옛 도면에는 평평한 나무가 그려져 있었습니다. 그래서 호리구치는 모양이 비슷하고, 내구성이 있는 동판 지붕을 선택했습니다.


건축의 특징

 쇼덴인쇼인의 정면 입구는 북쪽에 있으며, 예로부터 기품과 격조를 나타내는 완만한 커브의 차양(가라하후, 중앙은 활꼴에 양끝이 곡선형으로 된 건축양식) 아래에 있습니다. 쇼인에는 이 기와지붕 입구 외에 6개의 방이 있으며, 건물 서쪽에는 미즈야라고 불리는 부엌 같은 공간이 있습니다. 우라쿠가 있던 시대에 이 방은 사실 미즈야가 아니라 쇼인과 쇼덴인의 불전을 잇는 복도의 일부였을 것으로 추측됩니다.

 입구에서 내벽을 보면 눈길을 끄는 흰색선이 있습니다. 이러한 옅은 색으로 된 부분은 건물의 대들보나 버팀목의 위치를 나타냅니다. 시간이 지남에 따라 (벽의 진흙 회반죽에 원래 포함되어 있는) 망간이 표면에 녹아들면 산화되면서 가장 바깥층이 갈색을 띤 검은색으로 변색됩니다. 단, 벽 안쪽에 나무틀이 있는 부분에서는 이 영향이 경감됩니다.


후스마에(맹장지에 그린 그림)

 쇼인의 방은 후스마(襖)라고 하는 슬라이드식 큰 장식 패널로 구분되어 있습니다. 후스마는 병풍처럼 여러 개의 판에 걸쳐 그려진 풍경화가 많은데, 쇼인의 후스마는 우라쿠가 있던 시대의 일류 화가들이 장식했습니다. 중앙에 있는 방의 후스마에는 하세가와파(長谷川派) 창시자인 하세가와 도하쿠(長谷川等伯, 1539-1610)가 그린 것도 있었습니다. 8장의 패널에는 중국 고대 회화의 주제로 자주 사용되는 연꽃, 난초, 국화, 매화 꽃이 그려져 있습니다. 하세가와 특유의 스타일로 그려진 수목과 바위, 인물 등이 특징인 후스마에는 그의 중년기에 그려진 것으로 추측됩니다. (쇼덴인이 창건되기 전에 그려졌을 것으로 추측되기 때문에 우라쿠의 옛집에서 가져왔을 가능성이 높습니다.)

 쇼인의 다른 후스마에는 일본 그림 역사상 가장 유명한 가노파(狩野派) 화가들의 수묵산수화가 그려져 있습니다. 이 후스마에는 아주 오래되어 손상되기 쉽기 때문에 지금은 대부분 보전을 위해 쇼인에서 반출되었습니다. 하세가와가 그린 2장의 국화 후스마에는 우라쿠엔의 소유물이 아니라 개인 수집가의 소유로 추측됩니다.

Shōdenin Shoin


Like Jo-an, the Shōdenin Shoin was constructed in 1618 as part of Oda Uraku’s residence at Kenninji Temple. It is only one part of the original whole, which was called the Shōdenin. The Shōdenin complex functioned as a sub-temple within the larger Kenninji grounds, and it contained a Buddhist worship hall in addition to Uraku’s private chambers, gardens, and tea house. The Shoin, or “study,” of the Shōdenin was a part of the residence where Uraku could entertain guests, read, or relax.

Different parts of the Shōdenin complex were sold to various buyers in 1908. The Shoin was sold to Mitsui Takamine, who also acquired Jo-an. As part of the creation of Urakuen, both buildings were relocated to Inuyama and restored to look as they did in Uraku’s day. Even the relative positions of the buildings are faithful to the initial layout of Uraku’s residential complex.


Restorations

During the 1971 reconstruction, architect Horiguchi Sutemi relied upon a 1799 illustration of Uraku’s residence to restore the Shoin to its original appearance. He removed the covered walkway that the Mitsui family had added between the Shoin and the tea house, and he restored the low handrail on the Shoin’s south veranda. Horiguchi also commissioned an unusually long, rectangular stone step for the south side. Next came the roof: when Meitetsu acquired the Shoin, it was roofed with ceramic tiles set in a wave pattern, but the old drawing showed flat wooden shingles. Horiguchi opted to use copper shingles that were similar in shape but far more durable.


Architectural Features

The main entrance of the Shōdenin Shoin is on the north side, beneath a gently curving eave (karahafu) that is traditionally associated with refinement and prestige. In addition to the tiled entryway, the building contains six rooms and a kitchen-like area called a mizuya on the western side. It is likely that in Uraku’s day this room was not a mizuya but part of a hallway that connected the Shoin to the Shōdenin’s worship hall.

From the entryway, dramatic bars of white can be seen on the interior walls. These lighter places show the locations of the building’s wooden beams and support posts. Over time, manganese (which is naturally present in the mud plaster) leaches to the wall’s surface. There it oxidizes, staining the outermost layer a brownish black. This effect is reduced, however, in areas where there is wood framing inside the walls.


Fusuma Paintings

The rooms of the Shoin are separated by large, decorative sliding panels called fusuma. Like folding screens, fusuma are often decorated with landscape paintings that span multiple panels. The Shoin’s fusuma were decorated by some of the most skilled painters of Uraku’s day. The central room once had fusuma paintings by Hasegawa Tōhaku (1539–1610), the founder of the eminent Hasegawa school. Each of the eight panels was decorated with a painting of one of four flowers—lotus, orchid, chrysanthemum, and plum blossom—that are a common theme in classical Chinese painting. The trees, rocks, and figures in the paintings all display Hasegawa’s distinctive style, and the fusuma were likely painted during his middle years. (This would have been before the Shōdenin was constructed, so the paintings were likely brought from one of Uraku’s previous residences.)

Other fusuma in the Shoin were painted with ink landscapes (sansui) by several members of the Kanō school—perhaps the most famous school in the history of Japanese painting. Due to the extreme age and fragility of the paintings, most of the fusuma have been removed from the Shoin for preservation. The two chrysanthemum panels by Hasegawa are not owned by Urakuen, but are thought to be in a private collection.

Search